In accordance with the University Housing Policy, the following stipulations apply:
On-Campus Housing Requirement. Subject to the exceptions below, as a condition of enrollment, first year and second year students must live in on-campus housing for the first four semesters they are enrolled, summer term excluded, and subject to the exceptions listed below. Failure to adhere to the on-campus housing requirement may result in termination of enrollment.
Exceptions to On-Campus Housing Requirement. The on-campus housing requirement above is subject to the following exceptions:
- Married students.
- Students who will be at least twenty years old by December 31 of the applicable academic year.
- Veterans with one or more years of active service.
- Students living with a family member.
- Students taking 6 or less credits during the semester in question.
- MSU-approved group housing, but only for those students in their second year of enrollment.
Any student seeking an exception to the on-campus housing requirement, must apply for the exception prior to moving into university housing. The most current housing exceptions and procedures for an exception can be obtained by contacting the Office of Student and Community Relations, Student Services Building, 555 E. Circle Drive, Room 169,
East Lansing, MI, 48824, at 1-517-355-8286 or visiting liveon.msu.edu.