Reverse Transfer

Michigan State University has Reverse Transfer Agreements with several community colleges in Michigan. Reverse transfer is the process by which transfer students enrolled at a four-year institution transfer credits back to a community college for the purpose of attaining a degree, diploma or certification from the community college.

MSU transfer students may indicate their interest in reverse transfer by completing a Reverse Transfer Transcript Release Form in order to have their university transcript sent back to their community college. The community college will evaluate the coursework to determine if degree, diploma or certification requirements are met and if a degree or other credential will be awarded by the community college. Any community-college degree or other credential will be awarded in the semester or year all final requirements are met at the community college.

Students interested in this opportunity should view the current agreements and complete the Transcript Release Form by selecting the appropriate community college below.

Delta College  View information

Grand Rapids Community College  View information

Henry Ford College   View information

Jackson College  View information

Kalamazoo Valley Community College  View information

Lake Michigan College  View information

Lansing Community College  View information

Macomb Community College  View information

Monroe County Community College  View information

Mott Community College  View information

Northwestern Michigan College  View information

Michigan State University Contact Information
Michigan State University
Office of the Registrar
Traci Gulick, Associate Registrar
426 Auditorium Rd., Room 150
East Lansing, MI 48824-2603