The Office of the Registrar is an academic service unit, reporting to the Vice Provost of Enrollment and Academic Strategic Planning.
In collaboration with the Office of Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of the Registrar provides
services and information to students, faculty, staff, and other constituencies. Our core functions include:
academic records and transcripts; certificates and diplomas; classroom and event scheduling; degree certification;
enrollment and registration; grade collection and recording; fee classification; student athlete and veterans certification;
and transfer credit processing. In addition, we provide support for the curriculum and lead internal, cross-unit, and institution-wide initiatives.
The organizational structure for the Office of the Registrar is shown on our
organizational chart (pdf).
Our main office is located at 426 Auditorium Rd., Room 150, Hannah Administration Building, East Lansing, MI.
We are available to assist students, faculty and staff, and the general public in person during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.,
and via phone 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our contact information is listed below.
Steward academic records and data accurately, effectively, and efficiently.
Anticipate and support the needs of the campus community and continuously challenge ourselves to provide exemplary services and solutions.
The Office of the Registrar strives to:
- link operational and behavioral decisions with strategic goals;
- provide exceptional service;
- foster an environment of ongoing learning, growth, and teamwork;
- consistently examine policies and procedures with a mindset towards improvement;
- engage in active, two-way communication with each other and the campus community;
- be innovative in how we utilize technology; and
- effectively communicate and administer federal, state, and institutional policies and legislation.