Guest Application for Another Institution

MSU students may attend other institutions as Guest Students or Non-matriculated Students for short periods for the purpose of earning credit for transfer to Michigan State University.

Students planning to attend accredited Michigan institutions should use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application form available below. Students who wish to attend non-Michigan institutions should obtain application forms from the host institution.

A student wishing to take courses at another institution should consult an academic advisor or the online transfer credit equivalency system to assure transferability.

Students may transfer a maximum of 60 credits from two-year institutions. Those credits may be earned and transferred into MSU at any time in the student's degree. No more than 10 of the last 30 total credits toward a degree may be transferred without approval by the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education. Only grades of 2.0 and above are eligible for transfer credit.

In order to receive transfer credit, official transcripts should be mailed to:
  • Office of Admissions
  • Michigan State University
  • Hannah Administration Building
  • 426 Auditorium Road, Room 250
  • East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604

MSU Students who wish to take courses at Lansing Community College do not need to fill out the Uniform Guest Application. Go directly to the LCC application.

Generate your Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application