The Career Services Network (CSN) helps students in all stages of their professional development – from the early stages of exploring career options and choosing a major, to internships and job searches. CSN support includes
- One-on-one advising appointments with career advisors to assist students in self-assessment, career exploration, decision-making, resumes and cover letters, job search strategies, interview preparation and negotiating offers.
- Career assessment tools to help students align interests and preferences to job types and work environments: Strong Interest Inventory, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Choices 360. Assessments are interpreted with a career advisor.
- Career exploration events, such as guest speakers, alumni panels, networking sessions and industry trips (e.g., Spartan Start-Up entrepreneurship; sports careers; entertainment journalism; careers within government; careers in non-profits).
- Workshops ranging from resume writing and career exploration to networking and interviewing skills.
- Career Fairs, including MSU Fall Career Days, Graduate and Law School Fair, Diversity Career Fair, Summer Job and Internship Fair, Teacher and Administration Career Fair and more.
- On campus interviews with employers for entry-level and internship positions with over 10,000 interviews conducted annually.
- Career resources: including Handshake, an interactive system that manages job, internship, part-time campus employment listings, on-campus interviews, as well as a comprehensive calendar of career events and workshops.
For more information, visit www.careernetwork.msu.edu