CAPS offers registered MSU students assistance for a wide range of concerns, like depression, anxiety, homesickness, issues with adjustment, acculturation, relationships, racial identity and LBGTQ concerns, trauma, eating or body image, and other personal mental health issues. Resources are available on the CAPS website for parents, faculty, staff, friends and others looking to provide support for a loved one. CAPS has a diverse staff engaged in multicultural and collaborative approaches to provide quality care.
Confidential, no-charge counseling services include:
- Initial screenings to connect each student to the most appropriate level of care and other on- or -off campus resources
- Individual, group and relationship counseling
- Intensive clinical services
- Support with clinical coordination and referral
- CAPS Connect (free 10- to 15-minute confidential consultations)
Psychiatric services are free for the first three lifetime visits for registered students; the fourth and subsequent visits are billed to insurance (patients concerned about potential cost should mention this to their provider).
The CAPS Crisis Line, 1-517-355-8270, is available 24/7 (press 1 at the prompt).
To learn more about CAPS, visit caps.msu.edu