Academic Programs Catalog

General Information, Policies, Procedures and Regulations

Housing and Dining

University Housing Policy
Special Permission

Prior to moving into university housing, any new student may apply for an exception to the housing requirements. Information on the special permission procedure and criteria for exceptions can be obtained by contacting the Office of Student and Community Relations, 555 E. Circle Drive, Room 169. Applications will be considered by a committee appointed by the Senior Vice President for Student Life and Engagement. A student may appeal the decision of the committee to the Senior Vice President for Student Life and Engagement. Off-campus living units that were recognized by the university as 'supervised' housing units in the spring of 1983 will continue to be eligible to house students consistent with past practice. Specific conditions that will ensure this eligibility will be developed by the Senior Vice President for Student Life and Engagement and in consultation with appropriate off-campus living units. The residents of these units must be advised that the unit is neither supervised by nor under the jurisdiction of the university and that the university assumes no responsibility for the program, the facility, or persons associated with the unit.