Academic Programs Catalog

Undergraduate Education


First-year Student Admission
Advanced Placement Program (College Board AP Exams)

Credit or advanced standing may be granted to students who have earned specific scores on College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations.

Visit the admissions Web site for Michigan State University's AP Equivalencies for waivers or course credit. Students must have their AP scores sent directly to the Office of Admissions.

Students who wish to request removal of Advanced Placement credits from their academic record need to submit their request to their advisor before the end of the first term of enrollment. After the first term of enrollment, the associate dean of the student’s college will review each case, including its accordance with federal financial aid policy, and  may recommend the addition or the removal of Advanced Placement credits by submitting a request to the Office of the Registrar.