Academic Programs Catalog

Undergraduate Education


Guest Status at Another Institution

MSU students may attend other institutions as Guest Students or Non–matriculated Students for short periods for the purpose of earning credit for transfer to Michigan State University.

Students planning to attend institutions within the State of Michigan should use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application form available on the web at Students who wish to attend non-Michigan institutions should obtain application forms from the host institution. The completed form should be taken to the host school.

A student wishing to take courses at another institution should consult an academic advisor or the Transfer MSU course equivalency table on the web at to assure transferability.

A minimum grade of 2.0 must be earned in each course in order for the credit to be transferred to Michigan State University.

Michigan State University students who have achieved junior standing (56 semester credits) may not earn credit in two–year institutions for transfer to Michigan State.