Students, facility, researchers, staff, alumni, and visitors increasingly experience Michigan State University through a digital lens. Our community expects contemporary, mobile, and digital solutions for research, teaching and learning, advancement activities, and enterprise systems.
MSU IT is committed to providing academic and administrative technologies to support the work of MSU and its community. Our services are designed to:
- Stabilize, manage, and improve core technology services like network infrastructure and data storage to support the university’s growth.
- Encourage active learning and scholarship by students and facility through instruction, study, research, and engagement.
- Advance MSU’s culture of high performance among students, facility, researchers, and staff.
- Provide a security framework with standards and initiatives to help protect institutional data, technology, systems, and resources.
- Integrate data and information so it is readily accessible and useful for learning, research, analytics, and administrative work.
MSU IT oversees the university’s wired and wireless network, data centers, identity and access management, mass storage, and MSU NetID and Spartan Card activities.
MSU IT’s technology solutions support instructors and students through access to instructional design and pedagogy course workshops, campus computer labs and technology classrooms, and other collaborative technology tools.
MSU IT oversees network and system security through university initiatives like two-factor authentication, vulnerability management, incident response, and establishes IT standards, guidelines, and policies.
MSU IT Service Desk provides technology support for the MSU community 24/7/365 on the phone, online, and in person. The MSU Tech Store provides educational discounts as well as in-person technology help.
More information is available at www.tech.msu.edu.