International applicants are required to submit Graduate Record Examination General Test scores.
Requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Electrical Engineering
In addition to meeting the requirements of the university and of the College of Engineering, students must meet the requirements specified by their guidance committees.
- The doctoral program must include a minimum of 36 credits, in addition to 24 credits of Electrical and Computer Engineering 999.
- No 800-900 level independent study credits taken beyond the bachelor’s degree may be counted towards the doctoral degree.
- A minimum of 3 credits must be taken outside of the College of Engineering in disciplinary areas such as mathematics, statistics, or physics.
- All courses that are used to satisfy the requirements for the degree must have been completed under the numerical grading system.
- Students may request up to 3 credits of master’s thesis research be applied towards this requirement.
- First year graduate students are required to attend seven seminars from the graduate seminar series.